There’s snow business like…

Well I did say I was keen to finish a few projects off didn’t I?

I went to see my friend Kelvin this morning and is often the case, I returned home with a renewed sense of energy and desire to do some modelling.

On this occassion, I was buzzing to spray some white then yellow on my unfininshed snowplough vehicle. These are the former JLTRT models and very good they are too.

I had painted them black and the sides were also done, but I did need to attend to the front leading edge which had remained black whereas I wanted it to be yellow after searching for a picture of the prototype I wanted.

Knowing the house would be empty when I returned home, I ventured straight to the garage and set about the job of masking the desired areas and then I mixed small amounts of white and yellow. I sprayed white over the black as a base for the yellow and after leaving the models to dry for a while, the yellow was added.

The front edge, now in yellow
Now for varnish, transfers and a tiny bit of weathering

I was quite pleased with the way the little yellow blocks came out given they were sprayed over black. I hope to have them finished soon for a forthcoming exhibition.

Doctor, it still hurts a bit!

I’m so sorry for the recent lack of updates. For the last couple of months, I have been suffering with some shocking sciatica down the whole of my right leg.

Even with the garage being really cold at this time of the year, I have not really fancied doing much modelling at all in the warmth of my house. I have occasionally painted the odd wagon but that is all. My lovely wife is not a fan of paints and thinners in the house!

I must now try and get back to some serious modelling. I also need to have my strength sorted for the new exhibition season which will start very soon. My 2 layouts have appearances throughout the year.

Prince’s Street will need some rapid progress soon as it makes its first public appearances this year. There is much to do at either end with the station and bridge areas needing the most work. 2 Dapol signals arrived today and I hope they will really bring the station throat to life . I firmly believe that its the little details that bring a layout alive and and hope this ethos will shine out when people see my layout. I also have lots of wagons half built and now need to bring a few to completion. These include the snow ploughs, the TTAs, the Shark and the ballast wagons. That’s 11 unfinished projects for O gauge not to mention a few OO weathering jobs to have to get done!

The Sealions and Shark await some olive green.
The new Bachmann crane and support vehicles looking far too clean!